Stutthof Concentration Camp actually was founded at the end of World War II, on September 2, 1939. It is situated near the village of Stutthof, within the Free City of Danzig. In the first phase of its existence, the camp was playing a special role in the implementation of the solution to the Polish in Pomerania Gdansk. More than 85 thousand people from many nationalities lost their lives here. The last big transport arrived to Stutthof after the Warsaw Uprising. In January 1945 the camp was evacuated. Today it is available to visitors as a solemn monument of horrors of World War II.